Original Research Article
Article volume = 2023 and issue = 1
Article publication Date: November 21, 2022
You can download PDF file of the article here: Download
Visited 202 times and downloaded 101 times
Combining ECDSA and Image Secret Sharing, Implementing it on the FPGA Board, and Evaluating its Security Against DPA
Massoud Hadian Dehkordi(a), Mona Alizadeh(a), and Javad Fard Bagheri(b)
(a) Iran University of science and Technology, Tehran, Iran.
(b) Payame Noor Mazandaran University, Mazandaran, Iran.
Blockchain has become so important in todays world that it can be used wherever a database or data sharing system was needed, eliminating the need for trust. One of the Blockchain vulnerabilities is caused by weak randomness in ECDSA. A random number is not secure, cryptographically, which leads to leakage in private keys and even the users fund theft. So by combining ECDSA with image secret sharing, we presented an algorithm that has acceptable security against DPA.
Blockchain, Cryptography, ECDSA, ISS, DPA, FPGA.
-  Nakamoto S, Bitcoin A. A peer-to-peer electronic cash system. Bitcoin–URL: https://bitcoinorg/bitcoin pdf. 2008. 1
-  Narayanan A, Clark J. Bitcoin’s academic pedigree. Communications of the ACM. 2017;60(12):36-45. 1
-  Licheng Wang , Xiaoying Shen , Jing Li , Jun Shao , Yixian Yang , Cryptographic primitives in blockchains, Journal of Network and Computer Applications 127 (2019) 43–58. 1
-  Zhou X, Tang X, editors. Research and implementation of RSA algorithm for encryption and decryption. Proceedings of 2011 6th international forum on strategic technology; 2011: IEEE. 1
-  Marchesan GC, Weirich NR, Culau EC, Weber II, Moraes FG, Carara E, et al., editors. Exploring RSA Performance up to 4096-bit for Fast Security Processing on a Flexible Instruction Set Architecture Processor. 2018 25th IEEE International Conference on Electronics, Circuits and Systems (ICECS); 2018: IEEE. 1
-  Liao H-Z, Shen Y-Y. On the elliptic curve digital signature algorithm. Tunghai Science. 2006;8:109-26. 1
-  Gozmeh, Mojtaba and Dostari, Mohammad Ali and Yousefi, Hamed, 1397, Presenting a Differential Power Analysis Attack on Mask RSM Reinforcement Implemented on AES Encryption Algorithm and Reinforcement Improvement, Third Conference International Electrical Engineering, Tehran, https: //civilica.com/doc/831920. 1
-  Galbraith SD, Gaudry P. Recent progress on the elliptic curve discrete logarithm problem. Designs, Codes and Cryptography. 2016;78(1):51-72. 2
-  Jyotiyana D, Saxena VP. A Fault Attack for Scalar Multiplication in Elliptic Curve Digital Signature Algorithm. Computing and Network Sustainability: Springer; 2017. p. 283-91. 2, 2.1.1
-  Gunjan VK, Diaz VG, Cardona M, Solanki VK, Sunitha KVN. ICICCT 2019 – System Reliability, Quality Control, Safety, Maintenance and Management: Applications to Electrical, Electronics and Computer Science and Engineering: Springer Singapore; 2019. 2.1.1
-  Xuehu Yan, Lintao Liu, Yuliang Lu , Qinghong Gong, Security analysis and classifi- cation of image secret sharing, Journal of Information Security and Applications 47 (2019) 208–216. 2, 2.2
Cite this article as:
- Massoud Hadian Dehkordi, Mona Alizadeh, and Javad Fard Bagheri, Combining ECDSA and Image Secret Sharing, Implementing it on the FPGA Board, and Evaluating its Security Against DPA, Communications in Combinatorics, Cryptography & Computer Science, 2023(1), PP.5–12, 2022
- Export citation to BibTeX