Original Research Article
Article volume = 2021 and issue = 1
Article publication Date: February 19, 2021
You can download PDF file of the article here: Download
Visited 43 times and downloaded 22 times
The Total Irregular Labelling of Caterpillars with Q Internal Vertices of Degree Three for All Odd Number Q > 5
M. Riski Maulana, Isnaini Rosyida, Mulyono.
Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, Universitas Negeri Semarang, Indonesia.
We restrict the graph G(V, E) has no loop and multiple edges, no direction on its edges, and connected. The labelling is mentioned as a “totally irregular total k-labelling” if the vertices and edges of G have different weights. The number k is said to be the total irregularity strength of G, symbolized as ts(G), if k is the minimum number such that G has “totally irregular total k-labelling”. We verify the ts of caterpillar graphs Sm,3,3, ,3,m having q internal vertices of degree 3 for odd number q > 5. The ts is: ts(Sm,3,3, ,3,m) = ceil( (2m+q-1) 2 ) for q > 5 and m > (q+5)2.
Totally irregular total k-labelling, ts, caterpillar graph, degree, internal vertex.
-  A. Ahmad, M. Ibrahim, M.K. Siddiqui, On the total irregularity strength of generalized petersen graph, Math. Reports 18, bf 68(2), (2016), 197—204. 1
-  M. Baˇca, S. Jendrol’, K. Kathiresan, K. Muthugurupackiam, A. Semaniˇcov´a-Fenovcikova A, A survey of irregularity strength, Electron. Notes Discrete Math., 48, (2015), 19–26. 1, 1, 1
-  S. A. U. H. Bokhary, M. Imran, U. Ali, On the total irregularity strength of convex polytope graphs, Proyecciones (Antofagasta, On line), (2021), Preproof, 10 pages. 1
-  J.A. Gallian, A Dynamic survey of graph labeling, Electron. J. Combin #DS6, (2019), 553 pages. 1
-  D. Indriati, Widodo, I.E. Wijayanti, K.A. Sugeng, On Total Irregularity Strength of Double-Star and Related Graphs, Procedia Computer Science, 74, (2015), 118–123. 1
-  D. Indriati, Widodo, I. Rosyida, K.A. Sugeng, The construction of labelling and total irregularity strength of specified caterpillar graph, J. Phys Conf Ser., Ser.855, 012018, (2017), 7 pages. 1
-  D. Indriati, I. Rosyida, Widodo, On the total irregularity strength of caterpillar with each internal vertex has degree three, J. Phys Conf Ser., Ser. 1008,012042, (2018), 8 pages. 1
-  D. Indriati, Widodo, I.E. Wijayanti, K.A. Sugeng, I. Rosyida, Totally irregular total labeling of some caterpillar graphs, Electron. J. Graph Theory Appl. 8(2), (2020), 247-254. 1
-  J. Ivanˇco and S. Jendroˇl, Total edge irregularity strength of trees, Discuss. Math. Graph Theory. 26, (2006), 449–456. 1
-  A. M. Marr and W.D. Wallis, Magic graphs, Birkhauser-Springer, New York, (2013). 1
-  M. R. Maulana1, I. Rosyida, Mulyono, The total irregularity strength of caterpillars with odd number of internal vertices of degree three, J. Phys.: Conf. Ser., 1918, 042034, (2021), 7 pages. 1
-  C.C. Marzuki, A.N.M. Salman, and M. Miller, On the total irregularity strength of cycles and paths, Far East J. Math. Sci. 82(1), (2013), 1–21. 1
-  C. C. Marzuki and Roslaini, Total irregularity strength of m-copies of rhombus graph, J. Phys.: Conf. Ser., 1116, 022023, (2018), 1-6. 1
-  M. Naeem and M.K. Siddiqui, Total irregularity strength of disjoint union of isomorphic copies of generalized Petersen graph, Discrete Mathematics, Algorithms and Applications, 9(6), 1750071, (2017), 9 pages. 1
-  Nurdin, E.T. Baskoro, A.N.M. Salman, and N.N. Gaos, On the total vertex irregularity strength of trees, Discrete Math. 310, (2010), 3043–3048. 1
-  R. Ramdani, A.N.M. Salman, H. Assiyatun, A. Semanicov´a-Fenovcikova, and M. Baˇca, On the total irregularity strength of three families of graphs, Math. Comput. Sci. 9(2), (2015), 229–237. 1
-  I. Rosyida, Widodo, D Indriati, On total irregularity strength of caterpillar graphs with two leaves on each internal vertex, J. Phys. Conf. Ser., 1008, 12046, 9 pages, (2018). 1
-  I. Rosyida, Mulyono, D. Indriati. On totally irregular total labeling of caterpillars having even number of internal vertices with degree three, 2326, 020024, (2021), 9 pages. 1
-  M.K. Siddiqui, M. Imran, M. Ibrahim, Total irregularity strength for product of two paths, AKCE International Journal of Graphs and Combinatorics, In press, 2018, 14 pages. 1
-  E.W. Weisstein, Caterpillar, MathWorld–A Wolfram Web Resource, https://mathworld.wolfram.com/CaterpillarGraph.html, (2020). 1
Cite this article as:
- M. Riski Maulana, Isnaini Rosyida, Mulyono., The Total Irregular Labelling of Caterpillars with Q Internal Vertices of Degree Three for All Odd Number Q > 5, Communications in Combinatorics, Cryptography & Computer Science, 2021(1), PP.27–32, 2021
- Export citation to BibTeX