Original Research Article
Article volume = 2022 and issue = 1
Article publication Date: November 21, 2022
You can download PDF file of the article here: Download
Visited 163 times and downloaded 43 times
Small Intersection Graph of Subsemimodules of a Semimodule
Ahmed H. Alwan
Department of Mathematics, College of Education for Pure Sciences, University of Thi-Qar, Thi-Qar, Iraq.
Let $R$ be a commutative semiring with identity, and $U$ be a unitary left $R$-semimodule. The small intersection graph of non-trivial subsemimodules of $U$, denoted by $\Gamma(U)$, is an undirected simple graph whose vertices are in one-to-one correspondence with all non-trivial subsemimodules of $U$ and two distinct vertices are adjacent if and only if the intersection of corresponding subsemimodules is a small subsemimodule of $U$. In this article, we investigate connections between the graph-theoretic properties of $\Gamma(U)$ and some algebraic properties of semimodules. We determine the diameter and the girth of $\Gamma(U)$. We obtain some results for connectivity and planarity of these graphs. Moreover, it is shown that the domination number of a small intersection graph of a semimodule is 1 , whenever $U$ is a subtractive semimodule and direct sum of two simple semimodules.
Semimodule, small subsemimodule, small intersection graph, Connectivity, domination number, planarity.
-  S. Akbari H. A. Tavallaee, and S. Khalashi Ghezelahmad, Intersection graph of submodules of a module, J. Algebra Appl., 11(1) (2012), 1250019, 8. 1
-  A. H. Alwan and A. M. Alhossaini, On dense subsemimodules and prime semimodules, Iraqi Journal of Science, 61(6) (2020), 1446-1455. 1
-  A. H. Alwan and A. M. Alhossaini, Dedekind multiplication semimodules, Iraqi Journal of Science, 61(6) (2020), 1488-1497. 1
-  A. H. Alwan, Maximal ideal graph of commutative semirings, International Journal of Nonlinear Analysis and Applications, 12(1) (2021), 913-926. 1
-  A. H. Alwan, A graph associated to proper non-small subsemimodules of a semimodule, International Journal of Nonlinear Analysis and Applications, 12(2) (2021), 499-509. 1
-  A. H. Alwan, Maximal submodule graph of a module, Journal of Discrete Mathematical Sciences and Cryptography, 24(7) (2021), 1941-1949. 1
-  J. A. Bondy and U. S. R. Murty, Graph Theory, Graduate Texts in Mathematics 244, Springer, New York, (2008). 1, 3.6
-  J. Bosak, The graphs of semigroups, in Theory of Graphs and its Applications, (Academic Press, New York, 1964), 119-125. 1
-  I. Chakrabarty, S. Ghosh, T. K. Mukherjee and M. K. Sen,Intersection graphs of ideals of rings, Discrete Math. 309 (2009), 5381-5392. 1
-  J. Clark, C. Lomp, N. Vanaja and R. Wisbauer, Lifting Modules, Supplements and Projectivity in Module Theory, Frontiers in Mathematics, Birkauser Verlag, (2006).
-  J. S. Golan, Semirings and Their Applications, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, (1999). 1, 2.1
-  Y. Katsov, T. G. Nam and N. X. Tuyen, On subtractive semisimple semirings, Algebra Colloq. 16(3) (2009), 415-426.
-  L. A. Mahdavi and Y. Talebi, On the small intersection graph of submodules of a module. Journal of Algebraic Structures and Their Applications, 8(1) (2021), 117-130. 1
-  N. X. Tuyen and H. X. Thang, On superfluous subsemimodules, Georgian Math. J. 10(4) (2003), 763-770. 1
Cite this article as:
- Ahmed H. Alwan, Small Intersection Graph of Subsemimodules of a Semimodule, Communications in Combinatorics, Cryptography & Computer Science, 2022(1), PP.15–22, 2022
- Export citation to BibTeX